Note: This service may not be available right away. Your name may be placed on an interest list. You will be contacted when services are available.
HCS provides individualized services and supports to persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities who are living with their family, in their own home or in other community settings, such as small group homes.
- Sit up, crawl, or walk later than other children
- Adaptive aids
- Minor home modifications
- Counseling and therapies(includes audiology; speech/language pathology,occupational or physical therapy; dietary services; social work; and psychology)
- Dental treatment
- Residential assistance
- Supported home living
- Foster/companion care
- Supervised living
- Residential support
- Day habilitation
- Supported employment
Financial Eligibility Requirements
Financial eligibility is determined by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission. For more information, please visit their website.
Other Eligibility Requirements
- No age limit.
- Must not be enrolled in another Medicaid waiver program.
- Must have had a determination of mental retardation made in accordance with state law or have been diagnosed by a physician as having a related condition.
- Must meet specific requirements for intelligence quotient (IQ).
- Must have chosen the HCS Program over the Intermediate Care Facilities for Persons with Mental Retardation Program.
- Have an individual plan of care that does not exceed a specific annual cost limit.
This service is available statewide, but it may not be available right away. Your name may be placed on an interest list. You will be contacted when services are available.
How to apply for services
Contact Texas Panhandle Centers : 806.351.3212
To learn more: