Recovery Support Peer Specialist Part Time  E
$11.92/hr. - $13.87/hr.
Position: Recovery Support Peer Specialist Part Time  E
Program: Amarillo, Texas – Human Service Technician III-IV – Peer Support
Salary: $11.92/hr. – $13.87/hr.
Shift Available: Part Time Monday through Friday flexible 25 hours per week
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Staff will maintain ethical and professional communications at all times using respectful Trauma Informed Care language.
- The Recovery Support Peer Specialist works in both group and one-on-one settings with individuals who use behavioral health services to produce recovery framing and outreach in a community setting;
- Shares personal recovery experiences and develops authentic peer-to-peer relationships;
- Provides education and advocacy within the community that promotes awareness of psychiatric or substance use disorders while reducing misconceptions;
- Develops peer services and recovery goals and keeps the treatment team informed about the individual’s strengths and obstacles in relation to their recovery goals.
- Complies with and completes all documentation requirements related to the peer program in a timely basis, as directed.
Required qualifications to be successful in the job:
- High School diploma or GED and must have received mental health services for one (1) year cumulative, for a diagnosis that is treated in the target population for Texas or have had a significant life disruption due to a substance use disorder.
- Must be in recovery.
- If not already certified, must complete the Mental Health Peer Specialist certification within one (1) year from hire date.
- Must pass all background clearances
- Must have a minimum of eighth grade reading, comprehension level as evidenced by score on the Adult Basic Learning Examination (ABLE) test
- Or one semester (12 semester hours) of accredited college work
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license and be insurable under agency vehicle policy
- Must be 18 years or age or older
Preferred qualifications to be successful in the job:
- Active status as a Certified Mental Health Peer Specialist, in good-standing
At TPC, passion and meaningful work is rewarded! We offer employees:
- Robust benefit offerings – Medical, Urgent Care visits for a low $10 co-pay, Dental, and Vision
- Employer Paid Life Insurance (1.5 times employee’s salary)
- Employer Match up to 6% in the 403 (b) or 457 Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – PTO accrual, Holidays and annual Floating Holiday
- Additional Supplemental Coverage available i.e. Disability, Accidental, Cancer, Critical Care, and Section 125 Flexible Spending Account Plan
- 501(c)(3) designation – You can apply for the Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=c4ef58ff-b388-44de-aa6d-4410aba39267&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=384457&source=CC2&lang=en_US →