Maintenance Technician I  E
$25,417.60 - $30,409.60 Annually
Position: Maintenance Technician I  E
Program: Amarillo, Texas – Maintenance
Salary:$25,417.60 – $30,409.60 Annually
Shift Available: Full Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Staff will maintain ethical and professional communications at all times using respectful Trauma Informed Care language.
- The Maintenance Technician I performs entry-level work in one or more building maintenance and construction trade.
- Work involves assisting in maintaining and repairing buildings, grounds keeping, utility systems and/or stationary and motorized equipment.
- This position will be cross-utilized in other areas such as Motor Pool.
- Flexibility in work hours is needed, including on-call duty as assigned
- The Technician works under the general supervision of the Maintenance Director with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement and performs work as assigned
Required qualifications to be successful in the job:
- A High School Diploma or GED required
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner
- One (1) year of experience in building maintenance and construction trade. To include, but not limited to, electrical, plumbing, waste drain, carpentry, painting, flooring, welding, HVAC systems, and/or fire and safety regulations.
- Capable of safely using and operating various tools and equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instruction (e.g. simple drawings, schematics, or sketches to perform routine maintenance).
- One (1) year of vocational/technical training in a related field may substitute for the required work experience OR a combination of work experience and training to equal one (1) year
- Must have a minimum of eighth grade reading, comprehension level as evidenced by score on the Adult Basic Learning Examination (ABLE) test
- Or one semester (12 semester hours) of accredited college work
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license and be insurable under agency vehicle policy
- Must be 18 years or age or older
Preferred qualifications to be successful in the job:
- EPA approved Technician Certification for Refrigerant use
- Texas Department of Agriculture Structural Pest Control Certified Applicator License
At TPC, passion and meaningful work is rewarded! We offer employees:
- Robust benefit offerings – Medical, Urgent Care visits for a low $10 co-pay, Dental, and Vision
- Employer Paid Life Insurance (1.5 times employee’s salary)
- Employer Match up to 6% in the 403 (b) or 457 Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – PTO accrual, Holidays and annual Floating Holiday
- Additional Supplemental Coverage available i.e. Disability, Accidental, Cancer, Critical Care, and Section 125 Flexible Spending Account Plan
- 501(c)(3) designation – You can apply for Public Service Loan Forgiveness
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=c4ef58ff-b388-44de-aa6d-4410aba39267&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=382126&source=CC2&lang=en_US →